Merion Friends Meeting
Please note: The building is set back from the road, so you can't see it from there. The driveway is lit by two old-fashioned street lamps, and is directly across from a gas station.
- Take the Paoli Thorndale local train (PDF schedule).
- Trains run every half hour or less from Center City and 30th Street. You'll need a Zone 2 ticket.
- Exit at Narberth Station.
- Follow the shopping street / Haverford Road to your right (the street has a few disjunctures, you may need to ask the way) until you reach Montgomery Ave. (10 minutes or less).
- The Merion Friends Activities Building is across the road.
- Take the 44 bus (PDF schedule) from 30th St. Station.
- Take a bus that says "Ardmore" or "Narberth" on the front of it.
- Exit at Haverford and Montgomery Ave.
- You'll get off right in front of the dance hall, at the gas station.
- Take the Route 1 exit.
- Go south/west on Route 1 (away from Philadelphia).
- Turn Right at Route 23 (traffic light after a large shopping center.)
- Follow the road for a few blocks until it turns left over a railroad bridge.
- Go straight (don't follow 23) on Montgomery Avenue another mile.
- The building is on your right, just before the General Wayne Inn.
From City Line (Route 1) headed north (from West Philly, Delaware, or Chester Couties)
- Soon after crossing Lancaster (30) Ave and the light at Wynnewood Road, turn left onto Merion Road -- the traffic light immediately after City Line bridges the train tracks at Overbrook Station.
- Follow Merion till the very end, turn left at the traffic light onto Montgomery Avenue.
- Merion Friends Activities Building is about 100 yards down the road on your right, just past the Catholic school and convent.
From the Main Line
- Take Montgomery Avenue east until the 5 point intersection at the Narberth/Merion boundary.
- When you see the General Wayne Inn, turn left into the driveway directly across from the gas station.
Summit Presbyterian Church
Take the R8 Chestnut Hill West train to Upsal Station. Walk down
hill on Green St. across Lincoln Drive to get to the church (about 3 blocks).
Alternately take the H bus to Westview and McCallum. Walk one
on Westview to the church.
From Route 76
Drive north up the winding Lincoln Drive for several miles. The drive leaves the park and enters a residential neighborhood. Turn left onto Greene Street (traffic light after a curve).
The church is on your right at the top of the first block.
Please do not park on Westview Street.
From north of Philadelphia
Take the Turnpike to 309 South. Where the express road ends, follow signs to Mt. Airy, which puts you on Easton Road (later Mt. Airy Ave.), headed South.
After about two miles, take a brief Left on Germantown Avenue (an old road with trolley tracks) and a Right at the traffic light at Mt. Pleasant.
After about 8 blocks, turn Left on Greene Street. The Church is on your Left on the last major block before the bottom of the hill. (You may need to turn around, as you can only park on the uphill side of the street.)