English Country Dancing is social, community dancing, where one of the pleasures is interacting with everyone in the room. New people are welcome any time, and you don't need to bring a partner.
Upcoming Special Events
- March 26th and April 2nd: Fish and Chips Rehearsals
- Sunday, April 9: Tea dance with Fish and Chips
- Sunday, May 7: Music Workshop with Chris Rua
- Saturday, May 20: ESCapade
Dances and Events
|Wednesdays||7:40 pm – Beginners' orientation to basic figures
8:00 pm – English Country Dancing
(Admission $7, first-timers get free pass for next time)
(October – May)
|3:00–5:30 pm – Afternoon Workshop (see schedule)
7:30–10:30 pm – English Country Dance
(Admission $8 afternoon, $9 evening, $13 both.)
(November – April)
|2:00–3:30 pm – Old time fun for all ages.
(Admission $5 adults, $2 kids 4–18, $15 max.)
All dances are called to live music. No partners needed, friendly folk will ask you to dance. For Wednesday and Barn dances beginners are welcome with teaching and walk-throughs before each dance. First Saturdays are for intermediate and advanced dancers. Please wear flat-soled shoes.
Germantown Country Dancers holds dances in two locations: the Merion Friends Meeting Activity Building on the Main Line, and Summit Presbyterian Church in Mt. Airy. We have detailed directions to each location.
Admission prices are listed above. First time attendees will receive a free pass for their next visit. Full-time students are half-price. Members of GCD or CDSS receive a $1 discount.
Benefits of membership:
- Discounts to most GCD-sponsored dances and workshops and to the ball
- Monthly email newsletter
- Guaranteed admission to the Playford Ball each December, if membership is received by October 15, and ball registration is received by November 5