COVID-related safety rules for attending GCD Dances
last updated May 2, 2022
21. Mask required. X95 recommended, surgical mask or surgical mask under cloth mask allowed.
2. If you don't feel well, please stay home and take care of yourself. If you have COVID, do not attend until 10+ days after your last postive test.
3. Proof of full vaccination, also booster if eligible, is required in addition to masking.
4. You'll sign a waiver when you arrive and receive guidelines to read. The waiver asks for phone and email in case we need it for contact tracing (this info will be private).
5. Contact us immediately at email@example.com if you test positive for COVID within 3 days of attending a GCD event.
Detailed Guidelines, also the Waiver text and PDF are below.
GCD Dance COVID Guideline DetailsPrint version of the Guidelines
Anyone who does not comply with GCD's guidelines will be asked to leave the event.
All participants, including dancers, musicians*, callers, and guests:
1. Must provide proof of having been fully vaccinated (including a booster dose if eligible) with an FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J) at least two weeks prior to attending a GCD event.
2. Must sign GCD's Liability Waiver (PDF) attesting that:
- they have not experienced COVID-related symptoms (see GCD waiver below for details) nor any other symptoms related to COVID-19 or any communicable disease, nor had a positive test for COVID-19 within the last 10 days. .
- No one in their household has been diagnosed as infected with the COVID-19 virus within the past 10 days.
3. Must wear a well-fitting (no gaps on side) N95, KN95, KN94 or surgical mask that covers nose and mouth. A cloth mask is allowed over a surgical mask. . This New York Times article explains our reasoning.
- Bandanas are not allowed.
- With the exception of taking a drink, if someone wants to lower or remove their mask, they must go outside.
- Bring your own water bottle or cup.
- No food in the hall! Participants must go outside if they are eating.
4. Must provide both phone number and email address to help facilitate contact tracing; and give the board permission to leave a detailed phone message if needed.
5. Must immediately notify GCD at firstname.lastname@example.org if they test positive for COVID-19 within 3 days of attending a GCD event. Must refrain from attending GCD events for 10 days after last positive test.
*Musicians who play wind instruments must wear a mask covering their mouth and nose unless they are playing or about to play.
GCD Liability Release Waiver
(Here's the PDF if you want to print out and sign in advance.)
Germantown Country Dancers COVID-19 Liability Release Waiver
- I have been fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccine (including Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J) for at least two weeks. If eligible for a COVID-19 booster for more than one month, I have also had a COVID-19 booster.
- I have not experienced any symptoms such as fever, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough, nor have I been exhibiting any other symptoms related to COVID-19 or any communicable disease or had a positive test for COVID-19 within the last 10 days.
- No one in my household has had a positive test for COVID-19 within the last 10 days.
- The mask I am wearing today conforms to the Mask Requirement as stated in the GCD COVID Guidelines: Well-fitting (no gaps on side) N95, KN95, KN94 or surgical mask that covers nose and mouth. A cloth mask is allowed over a surgical mask.
- I am aware of the physical risk from participation in the activity that the organization provides, and that this activity may cause illness such as COVID-19 that may lead to disability or death.
- I am fully and personally responsible for my own safety and actions during my participation, and I recognize that I may be at risk for contracting COVID-19.
- I hereby release the Organization, its board, callers, members, and the venue from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, or actions related to COVID-19. I agree to hold the Organization and venue harmless regarding any costs, damages, or lawsuits related to COVID-19.
- I give consent to the organization to use my contact information for contact tracing, including leaving a detailed phone message.
- By signing below I acknowledge that I have read, understood, and agreed to this Liability Release Waiver and that I am at least eighteen years old and I voluntarily accept the risks involved.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 3 days of attending our dance please let us know at email@example.com.
Print Name: _________________
Phone or Email: ___________________